Bauhaus – Nothing Unnecessary (by Artinstall)
The house with cinema hall is located in the suburb of the town of Novosibirsk in Siberia Region, Russia. The hall is a part of the private residence, with overall area of 10,760 ft ² ( 1000m ²). It has the form of a regular parallelepiped with the area of 326.2 ft ² (30.3 m ²) and height of 13ft ( 4m) and is located on the ground floor. This room was originally designed by the architect as a cinema hall.
The customer’s desire was to create a high-quality media-room for three viewers.
Project implementation took almost 2 years. Our company built the following project parts using our own resources:
- Design and technical concept
- Room acoustics simulation and reverberation analysis (RT60)
- Acoustic treatment materials and structures selection
- Technical design
- Building of the acoustic framework construction
- Cables layout
- Electronics hardware, light fixtures, lamps, decoration materials – specification and acquisition
- Installation of electronics hardware
- Light control system and electronics software programming
- Room acoustics calibration
The project parts related to ventilation, air conditioning and heating were performed by a third party company under our supervision. A 7.2-channel loudspeaker system was used in this home theater. The JBL Synthesis system was installed with a room equalization processor. For video – JVC DILA video projector, and perforated screen with the diagonal size: 153″ and 2.35:1 aspect ratio was used.
The house chief architect proposed the main design concept of this home theater. Because the overall house is designed in a minimalist style with monochrome colors, so the design of the theater was proposed and designed in the similar style.
The main design elements in this cinema are specially sculptured acoustical panels, the lighting fixtures were designed to underline their forms. Home theatre lighting was divided into 4 groups. It included monochromatic sources (halogen lamps, LED) and RGB light (LED), which can be configured using the dimmer light control panel and from an iPad.
An iPad is used as a remote control. For this project, we specifically developed a unique control interface. Each element of the interface is created and located according to ergonomic principles. Interface design is in tune with the design of the room, repeating its elements.
Our team achieved the goals, set by the home owner within the given budget. We managed to combine the design, functionality and the best achievements of modern technologies.
- JBL Synthesis SAM1HF LCR Loudspeaker
- JBL Synthesis SAM2LF LCR Loudspeaker
- JBL Synthesis S4Ai THX Ultra2 Surrounds
- JBL Synthesis S1S THX Ultra2 Subwoofer
- JBL Synthesis SDP-40HD Surround Sound Preamplifier
- JBL Synthesis S7165 Amplifier
- JBL Synthesis S820 Amplifier
- JBL Synthesis SDEC-3000 Digital Equalizer
- JVC DLA-RS55 Projector
- Stewart Luxus Deluxe Screen Wall Screen
- Integra DBS-30.3 Blu-ray Disc Player
- Earthquake XJ-600R Tactile Transducer’s Amplifier
- Earthquake Q110B Tactile Transducer
- RTI XP-8S Control Processor
- Niveo NGS8T2P Switch
- Furman ELITE-16PPFE Ultra-Linear AC Power Source
- Furman SB-1000 Uninterruptible Power Supply
- Middle Atlantic SRSR Rack Systems
- Delta Light, DreamLED Light
- Lutron Grafic Eye Light Control
- iPad Control Panel
Read more about the installation here.